1790 - 1810
Corner-sited end-of-terrace three-bay four-storey house over half-basement, built c.1800, having flight of steps to doorway, and two-storey addition and recent single-storey extension to rear. Slate roof, pitched to north and hipped to south, with rendered chimneystack and eaves course and cast-iron rainwater goods. Pitched artificial slate and corrugated-iron roofs to rear additions. Rendered walls with rendered plinth. Square-headed timber sliding sash windows throughout, three-over-three pane to top floor, three-over-six pane to third floor and six-over-six pane elsewhere, all with painted sills. Segmental-headed doorway with replacement timber panelled door, reached by flight of steps parallel to front elevation, with recent metal railing.
This building, due to its corner siting and tall form, has a strong presence on the street. The stepped approach to the doorway adds interest to the form of the building and retention of timber sash windows contributes to its integrity.