1830 - 1850
End-of-terrace five-bay three-storey house, built c.1840, with later flat-roofed single and two-storey extensions to rear. Pitched roof with rendered chimneystack and cast-iron rainwater goods. Lined-and-ruled rendered walls with render plinth. Square-headed openings having limestone sills and six-over-six pane timber sliding sash windows. Elliptical-headed opening with timber panelled door, limestone step, dressed limestone doorcase comprising pilasters and moulded cornice with decorative fanlight above.
This large-scale house occupies a prominent end-of-terrace site and offers variety of form to the streetscape. Its regular massing is enlivened by the retention of features, such as the timber sliding sash windows and by the well-crafted doorcase and elaborate fanlight.