1575 - 1760
Terraced four-bay three-storey house, built c.1600 and refaced c.1750. Now in use as shop and having recent timber shopfront. Pitched artificial slate roof with red brick chimneystacks and render eaves course. Painted rendered walls with render quoins. Square-headed window openings with limestone sills and two-over-two pane timber sliding sash windows. Recent timber shopfront with round-headed door openings and plate glass display windows. East gable has blocked window and blocked pointed-arch doorway, both of late sixteenth/early seventeenth-century date.
Though extensively renovated, this building has original medieval features to its gable and is one of a handful of buildings in this medieval walled town to display obvious signs of its early origins. The building has been identified as a town house of the Ormond Butlers, and Oliver Cromwell is traditionally reputed to have lodged in it. The retention of timber sash windows enhances the heritage value of the building, whose scale makes it a notable part of the streetscape.