Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1760 - 1800
Detached three-bay three-storey house, built c.1780, with single-storey extension to rear and vehicular access to side. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystacks, rendered eaves course and cast-iron rainwater goods. Painted rendered walls. Square-headed window openings with painted stone sills. Timber sliding sash windows, three-over-three panes to second floor, six-over-six pane to first floor and six-over-six pane and tripartite windows to ground floor, latter with six-over-one central sash. Some replacement windows to rear. Square-headed entrance opening with glazed timber panelled door. Square-headed opening to vehicular entrance with timber battened double-leaf doors.
This large house has classical proportions, evident in its diminishing window openings that are interestingly well set back from the corners. The retention of varied timber sliding sash windows enhances the building.