1810 - 1850
Terraced two-bay three-storey house, built c.1830, and two-bay two-storey house, built c.1800, formerly in single use, with retail outlet to ground floor, now disused. Pitched slate and artificial slate roofs with rendered chimneystack and moulded render eaves course. Painted rendered walls with render corner pilasters to upper floors. Square-headed openings with moulded render surrounds having decorative keystones. Timber sliding sash windows, three-over-three pane to second floor, one-over-one pane to first and ground floors, with tripartite to latter, and three-over-three pane to second floor, having sill courses. Replacement timber door with overlight to south block, and replacement shopfront to north comprising half-glazed timber panelled door with overlight and flanked by display windows with fascia above.
Texture and interest are provided to these buildings by the decorative render eaves course, window surrounds and keystones, and the retention of timber sash windows. The tripartite window to the ground floor is particularly notable. The steeply-pitched roof of the two-storey section is a pleasing contrast to the higher roof of the three-storey part, and these differing roof lines provide interest to Carrick Street.