Survey Data

Reg No

22105058


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Archaeological


Original Use

House


In Use As

House


Date

1820 - 1840


Coordinates

207699, 140446


Date Recorded

20/06/2005


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Corner-sited end-of-terrace three-bay three-storey house, built c.1830, with two-bay three-storey return. Pitched slate roof with brick chimneystacks and cast-iron rainwater goods. Rendered walls with render quoins. Square-headed window openings with painted stone sills and timber sliding sash windows, two-over-four pane to second floor, four-over-four pane to first floor and tripartite six-over-six pane with decorative cast-iron railings to ground floor. Render surrounds comprising pilasters and cornices to first floor and decorative pilasters, consoles frieze and cornice to ground floor. Round-headed door opening with timber panelled door, render surround with render pilasters and moulded hood-moulding and spoked timber fanlight. Fluted concrete bollard and reused archaeological stone to gable.

Appraisal

This house stands in a street of good town houses and terminates a long row. The render details, particular that to the entrance surround and the window surrounds to the lower floors. The simple spoked fanlight is similar to that of its neighbour. The siting of this house and the tripartite window, with its iron railings, makes this house distinctive in the streetscape.