1810 - 1830
Freestanding remains of Church of Ireland church, built in 1823, comprising three-stage square-plan tower and remains of nave to west. Hexagonal stone spire having cast-iron ball finial. Roughly dressed sandstone walls with cut limestone stringcourses. Pointed arch openings to third stage having dressed sandstone voussoirs and stone louvers. Round-headed openings to second stage with dressed sandstone voussoirs and stone louvers. Shallow pointed arch opening to north elevation having limestone label moulding and cut limestone surround, now blocked up, but in use as a grotto to the Blessed Virgin Mary. Graveyard to site.
Athlacca Church of Ireland church was in use until 1942. Although now in a ruinous condition, the quality of the masonry of this church is still evident, as it retains much of its cut and carved stone. The stringcourses and door surround provide a contrast to the roughly dressed walls. The church forms part of a group with the glebe house to the south.