1800 - 1820
Freestanding Board of First Fruits Church of Ireland church, rebuilt in 1813, having three-stage square-plan tower to west and four-bay nave. Single-bay single-storey blocks to north elevation. Tower having hexagonal limestone spire and crenellations to corners. No roof. Cut limestone eaves course to nave. Rubble limestone walls with cut stone stringcourses to tower. Blind quatrefoils to second stage with limestone surrounds. Pointed arch openings to nave, south elevation having roughly dressed limestone voussoirs, now blocked up. Square-headed window opening to tower, west elevation with limestone surround. Pointed arch window openings to tower, third stage having limestone voussoirs. Shallow pointed arch door opening to tower, south elevation with cut limestone surround and carved-stone label moulding over. Pointed arch window openings to nave, west elevation having brick surrounds. Rubble limestone walls to north blocks, having inscribed limestone memorial plaques. Monsell family mausoleum to north-west block. Graveyard to site. Pair of square-profile rendered piers to west having stepped caps and single-leaf metal gate. Rubble limestone boundary walls with stile to west.
Although ruinous, this church retains carved stone features, specifically to the tower, which are indicative of high quality craftsmanship. It was rebuilt in 1813 with a grant from the Board of First Fruits. The form of the church, that of simple nave and square-plan tower is typical of the Board of First Fruits style architecture. It makes an interesting group with the north additions, some of which house mausolea, and the graveyard. Visible from a distance, it adds interest to the surrounding landscape.