1840 - 1860
Detached two-storey over basement former country house, built c. 1830, with projecting bay. Cut limestone entrance gateway, erected c. 1850, comprising cut limestone piers supporting elliptical arch with cornice above. Cut limestone voussoirs and imposts to arch. Cast-iron double-leaf gate. Rubble stone boundary walls to either side. Pointed arch opening to west wall with cut limestone chamfered surround and timber battened door.
This gateway, which now forms the entrance in to Rathkeale Abbey, is an interesting feature along the streetscape. It displays a high level of stonework, particularly in the voussoirs, cornice and pointed arch surround. The cast-iron gate adds further interest and decorative appeal. It may have been part of the Abbey House demesne.