1830 - 1850
Attached three-bay three-storey house, built c. 1840, formerly in use as shop and having shopfront to ground floor north (front) elevation. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystack. Lined-and-ruled rendered walls. Square-headed openings with one-over-one pane timber sliding sash windows. Shopfront comprising timber pilasters flanking openings, patterned architrave, frieze and cornice. Square-headed opening with fixed timber window having timber mullions and cast-iron sill guard. Square-headed door openings to each side with timber panelled doors and overlights.
One of three buildings of similar size and form, this house presents a regular and symmetrical façade to the street. Its architectural heritage merit is further enhanced by the retention of timber sash windows and by the end chimneystacks. The shopfront is a feature of note, retaining its original design as well as early glass and fittings. It adds much decorative interest to the streetscape of Rathkeale.