1830 - 1880
Terraced two-bay two-storey house and shop, built c. 1840, having timber shopfront to front (east) elevation. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystacks. Rendered walls. Square-headed openings to first floor having replacement uPVC windows and painted sills. Shopfront comprising Doric style pilasters supporting panelled fascia and cornice. Square-headed display opening with fixed window and flanking pilaster. Square-headed opening having glazed overlight over timber panelled door with flanking pilaster.
The distinguishing feature of this attractive shop is the painted timber shopfront occupying the entire ground floor. Its carved details are individualistic and the panelled fascia and cornice combine to create a striking effect, which is clearly the work of a single craftsman. The building with its shopfront makes a strong visual statement in the streetscape of Croom.