1830 - 1880
Detached single-bay two-storey house and former shop, built c. 1840, having timber tripartite shopfront to front (west) elevation. Pitched tiled roof with render eaves course. Rendered walls having render quoins. Square-headed opening to first floor with render surround, concrete sill and tripartite one-over-one pane timber sliding sash window. Fluted Doric style pilasters supporting fascia with dog-tooth motifs and cornice with dentillated course. Square-headed display openings having fixed windows. Square-headed opening with glazed overlight over half-glazed timber panelled door.
This building retains much of its distinctive character, as can be seen in the tripartite timber sash window and timber shopfront, all of which contribute to its character. The building provides a pleasing visual contrast of shopfront and rendered front elevation.