1830 - 1870
Detached two-bay two-storey house and shop, built c. 1840, having timber tripartite shopfront to front (north) elevation. Half-hipped sprocketed roof with rendered chimneystack. Rendered walls having render quoins. Square-headed openings to first floor with render keystone, replacement uPVC windows and painted stone sills. Shopfront comprising fluted pilasters supporting fascia and cornice with dentillated course. Square-headed display openings having fixed windows. Square-headed opening with glazed overlight over half-glazed timber panelled door having flanking pilasters.
This building maintains much of its original detailing including the render quoins and ornate render keystones to first floor windows. The tripartite arrangement of the shopfront adds to the overall symmetry of the façade, which presents a positive contribution to the streetscape.