1840 - 1860
CLOON AND COMMONS
End-of-terrace three-bay two-storey house, built c. 1850, with pitched artificial slate roof with overhanging eaves having timber brackets and rendered chimneystacks. Rendered walls with render plinth course. Square-headed openings having render surrounds, entablature and consoles over replacement uPVC windows with concrete sills. Round-headed opening having render pilasters and hoodmoulding with keystone over glazed overlight and half-glazed timber panelled door. Limestone step to entrance. Pair of square-profile rendered piers to south-west having single-leaf metal gate and rendered boundary wall with render plinth course and metal railings.
This modest house, built as part of a terrace, is characterised by its regular fenestration. Retaining salient features such as the render window surrounds, the house makes a positive contribution to the architectural heritage of the area.