1810 - 1830
Detached four-bay two-storey house, built c. 1870, having shopfront to front (south-east) and north-east elevations. Hipped slate roof with overhanging eaves having timber brackets and rendered chimneystacks. Rendered walls with render quoins and plinth course. Square-headed openings having shouldered render surrounds, concrete sills and replacement uPVC windows. Shopfront comprising render pilasters supporting timber battened fascia over. Square-headed display openings with fixed windows. Square-headed openings having glazed overlights over half-glazed timber panelled doors. Square-headed opening to north-east elevation having flanking scrolled consoles and glazed overlight over timber panelled door. Cast-iron railing set on limestone plinth to south-east.
Prominently located at a central junction in the village, this building retains several interesting features, including the render details, shopfront and simple classically inspired façade.