1890 - 1910
End-of-terrace two-bay two-storey red brick house, built c. 1900, with two-storey return. Pitched natural slate roof with a red brick chimneystack rising from west gable having terracotta pots, black clay ridge tiles and cement coping. Cast-iron downpipe, uPVC gutter and decorative red brick eaves. Red brick walls laid in English garden wall bond with a decorative moulded stringcourse at first floor sill level, an angled brick course above ground floor level and a chamfered brick course to ground level. Brick camber-arched window openings at first floor level with limestone sills and one-over-one timber sash windows. Shallow rectangular bay to ground floor, containing a pair of brick camber-arched window openings with bowtell surrounds, double limestone sill having one-over-one timber sash windows and cylinder glass. Brick round-arched door opening with brick moulding and bowtell surround, with recessed timber-panelled door having brass furniture and overlight above. Front area enclosed by painted rendered wall with replacement steel railing, two piers flank wrought-iron gate.
A well-maintained red brick house, which forms part of two terraces of modest scale houses, located within a cul-de-sac. Together with the remaining houses on the street, No. 9 retains most of the important external features, presenting a remarkably intact example of early suburban housing from the turn of the century.