1840 - 1890
Terraced two-bay three-storey stucco-fronted house, built c. 1860, within a terrace of four houses unified by stucco enrichments, and compositionally united with neighbouring house by a superimposed rendered Doric pilaster rising through each floor level. Pitched artificial slate roof with a rendered chimneystack with clay pots to east party wall, rebuilt brick chimneystack to west party wall. Cast-iron rainwater goods on overhanging eaves with paired timber brackets and roll moulding below. Painted ruled and lined rendered walls on moulded plinth course and channelled vermiculated quoins to south end only. Square-headed window openings with decorative moulded surrounds and painted sills, which continue as a platband across the façade to second and first floors. uPVC windows. Square-headed door opening with surround as per windows and replacement timber glazed door opening onto limestone step to street.
A pleasant terraced house forming part of a terrace of four, most closely resembling No. 19 in its façade treatment. Retaining most external features, except window and door, it nonetheless forms an attractive aspect to the street.