1825 - 1835
BALLINKNOCKANE (CO. BY.)
Freestanding cruciform-plan Roman Catholic church, built c. 1830, comprising three-bay double-height nave, single-bay double-height transepts to north-east and to south-west elevations having single-bay single-storey gabled projecting porches to north elevations, and single-bay full-height chancel to south-east gable end. Renovated, c. 1910, with limestone ashlar bellcote inserted to north-west gable end. Pitched artificial slate roofs with limestone bellcote and projecting concrete verges. Pebbledashed walls with render plinth. Lancet arch window opening with concrete sills, render surrounds and coloured glass leaded panels. Pointed arch door opening with limestone surround, render hood moulding and timber double-leaf boarded door. T-plan interior with shallow recess to chancel. Pine exposed trusses and boarded ceiling. Chancel re-ordered and panelled in oak in latter part of twentieth century.