1790 - 1795
Detached nineteen-bay four-storey over basement former mill, built 1793, having mill race, culverts and cast-iron waterwheel to front (north) elevation. Limestone parapet to roofline with carved plat band. Rubble limestone walls with dressed limestone quoins. Square-headed window openings to ground floor, now blocked up. Square-headed openings having six-over-six pane timber sliding sash windows and limestone sills. Round-headed opening with limestone block-and-start surround and timber battened door. Cast-iron waterwheel, erected 1852, having barley motifs to recessed panels. Flight of limestone steps to mill race.
This former mill with its remarkably large form is an imposing feature of the distillery complex. Originally a woollen mill, the Murphy family purchased it in 1825 and converted to use as a distillery. During the Napoleonic wars a military barracks was located in the building. Its classically derived form is characteristic of eighteenth century architecture with elegant proportions and fenestration rhythm. The waterwheel, built by Fairbairn is a notable example of nineteenth century engineering. It was used as the main source of power until 1975.