Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1850 - 1870
Corner-sited end-of-terrace two-bay three-storey with dormer attic former house, built c. 1860, having shopfront to front (north) elevation, gablets to dormer attic and single-storey extension to rear (south) elevation. Now in use as restaurant. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystacks and render eaves course. Rendered walls having render quoins. Square-headed openings with replacement uPVC windows and painted sills to gablets. Square-headed openings to first floor having render surrounds and replacement uPVC windows. Round-headed openings to west elevation having hood mouldings with ornate stops and replacement uPVC windows. Timber shopfront comprising cornice, fascia and ornate consoles. Tripartite round-headed display windows with timber mullions flanking square-headed opening with bipartite round-headed overlight and half-glazed double-leaf doors. Square-headed opening with bipartite round-headed overlight and replacement timber panelled door. Rendered boundary walls to west.
Corner-sited building retaining its original form enhanced by the render details and gablets. The round-headed windows with ornate hood mouldings enliven the west elevation. The fine perpendicular tripartite shopfront is enlivened by the ornate carved consoles.