Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic

Original Use


Historical Use

Shop/retail outlet

In Use As



1900 - 1920


170837, 110524

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Detached five-bay two-storey house, built c. 1910, with disused shopfront to ground floor, and flat roof single-storey extension to rear. Pitched artificial slate roof with ceramic crested ridge tiles, cast-iron rainwater goods and rendered chimneystacks to gable ends. Painted smooth rendered walls with rusticated render quoins. Square-headed window openings to first floor and segmental-headed openings to ground floor, all having moulded render surrounds and replacement uPVC windows. Segmental-headed door opening with replacement timber door and overlight. Render shopfront at east end of fa├žade, comprising panelled pilasters topped with brackets supporting fascia with moulded cornice having dentils and other decorative courses. Plate-glass display windows flanking recessed square-headed door opening with replacement timber door and overlight. Tiled floor to entrance recess.


This is an imposing freestanding building on the main street of Kildorrery. Its height and fenestration are well balanced and in keeping with the rest of the street line. It retains its historic form and composition along with much of its fabric such as ridge tiles, render surrounds, quoins and shopfront. The render shopfront represents the continuity of a strong tradition of shopfront construction in Kildorrery.