Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1850 - 1870
Corner-sited three-bay three-storey former warehouse with double-height ground floor, built c. 1860, now in use as restaurant and offices. Hipped tile roof with brick chimneystack. Brick walls with moulded brick eaves cornice and having ashlar limestone quoins to north-west corner. Segmental-arched openings with replacement aluminium windows and pair of glazed doors.
This building forms part of an interesting group with the former industrial buildings in French Church Street and Carey's Lane. The segmental-arched openings and double-height ground floor space are interesting architectural features of the building. Though many interesting features and materials have been replaced, the brick and ashlar limestone quoins add colour and textural variation to the streetscape.