Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Artistic, Social, Technical

Previous Name

Ennistymon House

Original Use


In Use As



1750 - 1770


112758, 188518

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Detached seven-bay two-storey over basement former house with central pedimented breakfront bay, built c. 1760, now in use as hotel. May incorporate pre18th century fabric. Renovated and extended to rear with thirteen-bay three-storey block having dormer attic. Extended to side in 1997 with four-bay two-storey block over raised platform. Pitched slate roof with rendered gable chimneystacks and cut-stone copings. Exposed rubble stone walls with moulded impost moulding to entrance door and moulded cornicing to pediment. Replacement timber sliding sash windows. Round-headed door opening with timber panelled door having plain fanlight and flanking by sidelights. Lunette with fixed window to pediment. Retaining significant interior features including panelled window reveals, extensive ceiling plasterwork, centrepieces, cornices, lugged architraves, panelled shutter and staircase. Flight of cut stone steps leading to entrance.