1855 - 1860
Semi-detached three-bay three-storey over basement house, built in 1859 as part of a planned, part-terraced, part semi-detached development of ten similarly styled properties. To the west elevation is a two-bay full-height projection. The façade is finished in unpainted roughcast, unpainted plain render to the basement level, granite quoins, parapet with projecting eaves course, and moulded surrounds to many of the openings. The slated hipped roof is largely hidden from view behind the parapet and has rendered chimneystacks with corbelling. The entrance is to the south elevation of the west projection and consists of a panelled timber door and semi-circular fanlight encased with a moulded surround; it is reached via a flight of stone steps with cast-iron railings. In general the windows are flat-headed with two over two and one over one timber sash frames. Most of the ground and first floor windows have relatively plain moulded surrounds, with projecting hood mouldings to those on the latter floor. Cast-iron rainwater goods. The building faces onto a road but is separated from it by a relatively large garden enclosed by decorative cast-iron railings with matching gate.
This large mid-Victorian residence is part of a grand, still largely intact grouping of similar houses, which along with the (near) contemporary Prince of Wales Terrace and Goldsmith Terrace, makes Quinsborough Road Bray's most impressive thoroughfare.