1855 - 1865
End-of-terrace two-bay three-storey house, one of a largely uniform row of eight, built in 1860. A veranda and first floor Regency style balcony spans the front of the building, continuing across the whole grouping. The veranda has a low rendered wall with simple railings and steps, and slender iron columns with brackets support the balcony. The balcony itself has decorative geometric Chinoiserie railings. The façade is finished in painted lined render, whilst the hipped roof is covered in artificial slate and has an overhang supported on paired brackets, and a shared rendered chimneystack with corbelling. The entrance consists of a timber and glazed door with narrow sidelights and segmental-headed fanlight. The windows are flat-headed and filled with two over two timber sash frames. A glazed door to the first floor leads onto the balcony. Painted stone sills. Cast-iron rainwater goods. The property faces onto Bray's grass-covered esplanade, but is separated from it by a small private space now mainly used for car-parking. James Joyce lived in this property between 1887 and 1891.
This house forms part of one of Bray's earliest, best preserved, and most distinctive seafront terraces; it is also of some historical value due to the fact that James Joyce lived in the property between 1887 and 1891.