1880 - 1885
Detached monument with fountain built 1881. The monument is constructed in granite and depicts a rampant wyvern holding a shield motif derived from the arms of former Reginald Brabazon, Lord Ardee, the owner of much of the Bray estate at that time. The wyvern stands in a decorative stone 'bowl' which in turn stands on an octagonal plinth. The monument is prominently sited in front of the market house at the junction of Main Street, Killarney Road and Vevay Road.
This is a well preserved monument which provides a sense of focus to the market square.