1865 - 1870
Semi-detached three-bay two-storey house, built 1867, having multiple-bay two-storey return to east end of rear (south) elevation, and recent multiple-bay two-storey extension to rear of this. Now in use as pharmacy with offices overhead. Hipped slate roofs with rendered chimneystacks with clay chimney pots and moulded eaves course. Some cast-iron rainwater goods. Painted smooth rendered walls with render quoins. Square-headed window openings with replacement windows. Segmental-headed door opening with replacement timber panelled door with fanlight with gold leaf lettering. Carved timber shopfront comprising plate glass windows over timber risers flanking glazed timber panelled double doors, all with overlights, flanked by timber pilasters with carved consoles and granite plinths, supporting entablature with nameplate and cornice and terminating consoles. Granite plinth to shopfront. Matching display window with plate glass window over timber riser flanked by timber pilasters with carved consoles and granite plinths, supporting entablature with name in raised lettering, cornice and terminating consoles. Name in mosaic to entrance step.
A pharmacy since 1911 and forming a pair with 16003194, this property is an important feature in the streetscape. The continuous cornice and roofline and similar detailed shopfronts give it a pleasingly coherent form, notwithstanding the different uses and treatments. The shopfront has the carved scrolled foliate consoles which are typical features of Wicklow town.