1875 - 1880
TOWNPARKS (PART OF ST. PETER'SPARISH)
End-of-terrace two-bay three-storey townhouse, built 1879, on a square plan; two-bay three-storey rear (south) elevation. Renovated, ----, to accommodate alternative use. One of a terrace of eight. Pitched slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered coping to gables with red brick Running bond (east) or rendered (west) chimney stacks to apexes having corbelled stepped capping supporting terracotta or yellow terracotta pots, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Rendered, ruled and lined walls. Remodelled square-headed door opening. Square-headed window openings with cut-granite sills, and concealed dressings framing replacement aluminium casement windows replacing two-over-two timber sash windows. Square fronted with concrete footpath to front.
A townhouse erected as one of a terrace of eight houses (including 15505024 - 15505030) representing an integral component of the later nineteenth-century domestic built heritage of Wexford with the architectural value of the composition suggested by such attributes as the compact plan form; the diminishing in scale of the openings on each floor producing a graduated visual impression; and the high pitched roofline. Having been well maintained, the elementary form and massing survive intact together with quantities of the original fabric, both to the exterior and to the interior: however, the introduction of replacement fittings to the openings has not had a beneficial impact on the character or integrity of a townhouse forming part of a self-contained ensemble making a pleasing visual statement overlooking Saint Peter's Square.