1870 - 1875
TOWNPARKS (ST. JOHN'SPARISH)
Terraced two-bay two-storey house, built 1872, possibly incorporating fabric of earlier house, pre-1840, on site. Mostly refenestrated, c.1950. Reroofed, pre-1993. Pitched (shared) roof with replacement artificial slate, pre-1993, clay ridge tiles, rendered (shared) chimney stacks having capping supporting terracotta pots, and iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves over red brick construction having iron ties. Rendered, ruled and lined walls. Square-headed window openings with cut-stone sills, and replacement one-over-one timber sash windows, c.1950, retaining six-over-six timber sash window to ground floor. Square-headed door opening with cut-granite step between padstones, and replacement timber panelled door, pre-1993, having overlight. Street fronted with concrete footpath to front [VO].
Possibly having origins in an earlier predecessor indicated on archival editions of the Ordnance Survey, an amiable small-scale house built as one of at least a pair (with 15503131) representing an element of the mid to late nineteenth-century domestic architectural heritage of Wexford Town continues to present an early aspect with the simple architectural attributes surviving in place together with most of the historic or original fabric, thereby contributing to the modest streetscape character of School Street.