1870 - 1875
TOWNPARKS (ST. JOHN'SPARISH)
Terraced two-bay two-storey house, built 1872, possibly incorporating fabric of earlier house, pre-1840, on site. Reroofed, pre-1993. One of at least a pair. Pitched (shared) roof with replacement artificial slate, pre-1993, clay ridge tiles, rendered and red brick Running bond (shared) chimney stacks having capping supporting terracotta pots, and replacement uPVC rainwater goods, pre-1993, on rendered eaves having iron ties. Rendered, ruled and lined walls. Square-headed window openings with cut-stone sills, and six-over-six timber sash windows. Square-headed door opening with glazed timber panelled door having overlight. Street fronted with concrete footpath to front [VO].
Possibly having origins in an earlier predecessor indicated on archival editions of the Ordnance Survey, an amiable small-scale house built as at least one of a pair (second in pair not included in survey) representing an element of the mid to late nineteenth-century domestic architectural heritage of Wexford Town continues to present an early aspect with the simple architectural attributes surviving in place together with most of the historic or original fabric, thereby contributing positively to the modest streetscape character of School Street.