1790 - 1810
Terraced two-bay four-storey house, c.1800, possibly originally forming part of larger four-bay three-storey house. Renovated and part refenestrated, pre-1880, with rendered façade enrichments added. Renovated, post-1996, with replacement shopfront inserted to ground floor. Pitched (shared) slate roof with clay ridge tiles, chimney stack(s) not visible, rooflights, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered stepped eaves having iron ties. Rendered, ruled and lined walls. Square-headed window openings with cut-stone sills, moulded rendered surrounds, pre-1880, having keystones, three-over-six (second floor) and three-over-three (top floor) timber sash windows without horns having replacement timber casement windows, pre-1880, to first floor retaining overlights. Replacement timber shopfront, post-1996, to ground floor on a symmetrical plan on polished granite base with pilasters, fixed-pane display windows, glazed timber door having overlight, and fascia on paired colonettes having lined moulded cornice. Interior with timber staircase having turned timber balustrade supporting carved timber handrail. Street fronted with cobbled footpath to front.
A pleasantly appointed house of the middle size possibly originally intended as part of a larger composition (with 15503084) identified in the streetscape by attributes including the vertical emphasis of the massing, the diminishing in scale of the openings on each floor producing an elegant tiered visual effect, the later dressings identifying a muted Classical theme, and so on. Having been reasonably well maintained, the house continues to present an early aspect with much of the historic fabric surviving in place, both to the exterior and to the interior, thereby upholding the positive contribution made by the collective ensemble to the streetscape value of Main Street North. The house remains of potential additional interest as the traditionally-cited home of the Woods brothers, Archibald (n. d.) and Isaac (n. d.), Wexford's first (convicted) bankrobbers.