Quinn's Public House
In Use As
1810 - 1830
Detached three-bay two-storey house and commercial premises, built c.1820. Modern two-storey extension to the north end. Pitched slate roof having rendered chimneystacks to either end. Ruled-and-line rendered walls over plinth with square-headed window openings with replacement windows. Central round-headed doorcase to the main façade (west) having cut-stone surround with fluted keystone over, replacement timber door and a plain fanlight over the lintel. Road-fronted with north elevation overlooking Thomastown Harbour (15402731).
A modest early nineteenth-century house and commercial premises, which retains some of early character despite being greatly extended in recent. The form and proportions of this building are very typical of its date. The architectural importance and the visual impact of this small-scale house has been diminished by the loss of early fabric to the openings in recent years. The good quality (and unusually wide) cut stone doorcase is an interesting feature that helps to maintain some of the historic veneer of this modest structure. It still retains a certain presence to the south side of Thomastown Harbour (15402731) and was probably originally constructed to cater for canal passenger and commercial trade.