In Use As
1840 - 1860
Detached three-bay two-storey former hotel, public house and shop, built c.1850, having single-storey flat-roofed extensions to the north end. Now in use as a public house and shop. Pitched natural slate roof with raised verges with moulded rendered chimneystacks (having terracotta pots over) to either gable end (north and south). Rendered walls with raised banding to corners and square-headed window openings to first floor with rendered reveals, cut stone sills and two-over-two pane timber sliding sash windows. Square-headed window opening to north end of main façade (east) having modern shop window. Central round-headed doorcase with replacement door and a plain fanlight over. Modern square-headed openings to either end of front façade. Road-fronted to the east of Killucan Railway Station (see 15402721).
A modestly-scaled and simply detailed mid nineteenth-century former hotel and commercial premises, which retains much of its early character and form despite extensive alterations over the years. This structure was probably originally constructed to cater for rail passenger trade shortly after the adjacent railway station (see 15402721) was built, c.1848. It represents an interesting part of the transport and social history of the Killucan area and is an appealing, if altered, structure in its own right.