In Use As
1860 - 1890
Detached three-bay two-storey house, built c.1875. Two-storey return to the rear (north). Hipped slate roof overhanging eaves and a central pair of rendered chimneystacks. Pebbledashed walls over smooth rendered base with raised quoins to the corners. Square-headed window openings with concrete sills and replacement windows. Central round-headed doorcase having moulded limestone surround having keystone detail over, an early timber panelled door flanked by modern sidelights and a plain fanlight over. Three cut stone steps to front (south). Substantial complex of single and two-storey outbuildings to the rear (15402547) with main entrance gates to the east (15402541). Located in extensive mature grounds to the southwest of Mullingar.
An appealing and well-balanced mid nineteenth-century house, which is sited in extensive mature grounds to the southwest of Mullingar. This building has been heavily altered in recent years with the resulting loss of early fabric and this has detracted somewhat from the architectural appeal and historic veneer of this sturdy country residence. The fine moulded limestone doorcase is a noteworthy feature, of artistic merit, that helps to add an imposing and distinguished character to the front façade. This house forms the centrepiece of an interesting group of related structures with the outbuildings to the north (15402547) and the main gates to the east (15402541).