1800 - 1840
Detached three-bay single-storey former gate lodge associated with Clonlost House, built c.1820. Now derelict and out of use. Hipped and pitched natural slate roofs having rendered chimneystacks and remains of cast-iron rainwater goods. Roughcast rendered walls over smooth rendered plinth. Square-headed windows openings having patent reveals, cut stone sills and one-over-one pane timber sliding sash windows. Square-headed door opening with patent reveals and replacement timber door. Various later lean-to extensions to the north and west elevations. Set back from road at the former south entrance to Clonlost House, now demolished. Single-storey outbuilding with pitched corrugated-iron roof to the north.
A dilapidated gate lodge of modest architectural aspirations, which probably dates to the early-to-mid nineteenth-century. It is an interesting historical reminder of the Clonlost House Demesne, which was located to the north of this site and subsequently demolished (c.1930). Clonlost House was the main seat of the distinguished Nugent Family, who held the title 'Earl of Westmeath' from the late-seventeenth to the early twentieth-century .