Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1810 - 1830
Terraced five-bay two-storey house, built c.1820, now in use as offices. Pitched natural slate roof with three rendered chimneystacks. Rendered walls over smooth rendered plinth. Square-headed window openings with moulded architraves and replacement window openings. Sill guards to the ground floor openings. Segmental-headed doorcase, offset to the west side of centre, having architraved surrounds, replacement timber door, timber surround with timber lintel and a plain overlight. Located to the northwest corner of The Square in the centre of Mullingar.
A prominently-sited plainly detailed house, of early nineteenth-century appearance, which retains some of its early character despite extensive recent alterations. The position of the doorcase and the chimneystacks indicates that this building has been extended to the east by two bays, probably at an early date. This building occupies an important visual location in the streetscape and is a modest addition to the built heritage.