Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1860 - 1880
Corner-sited end-of-terrace two-bay two-story house, built c.1870. One of a uniform terrace of three with the buildings adjacent to the west (15310178 and 15310179). Shared natural slate roof, hipped to the east end, having a shared rendered chimneystacks to the west end and cast-iron rainwater goods. Pebbledashed walls over projecting plinth. Square-headed window openings with one-over-one pane timber sliding sash windows. Segmental-headed doorway to the east end of the front façade (north) having timber door with herringbone pattern, plain glass overlight and carved timber brackets supporting a carved timber lintel over. Set slightly back from road with small garden to the front (north) bounded by cast-iron posts and railings. Located on the south side of Bishop's Gate Street at junction with small lane (east).
A plainly detailed mid-to-late nineteenth-century house, which retains its early character and form. This building forms part of a good quality terrace of three buildings, which together make a positive contribution to the streetscape. This building is enlivened by the retention of a good quality timber doorcase having an unusual herringbone pattern to the door. The cast-iron railings and posts to the front add additional merit and add incident to the streetscape. This building makes a positive contribution to Bishop's Gate Street, forming part of a varied collection of mid-to-late nineteenth-century houses along the south side of this street.