Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1920 - 1940
Pair of semi-detached two-bay two-storey houses, built c.1930, each building having a canted bay window to the end bay. Single-bay single-storey garages attached to the end of both houses, house to the west now having single-storey extension over. Hipped slate roofs with red brick chimneystacks and metal rainwater goods. Constructed of red brick to the ground floor with roughcast rendered finish over to the first floor, separated by a moulded brick string course. Square-headed window openings with replacement fittings. Inset square-headed doorways with glazed timber doors and glazed surrounds, each set in a round-headed arch. Set back from road in own grounds to the south side of College Street. Roughcast rendered walls and rendered gate piers on square-plan supporting wrought-iron double gates to the road-frontage.
A pair of simple early twentieth-century semi-detached houses, which are typical of the date of construction and retain some their early character. Although altered, these buildings are a modest addition to the streetscape.