Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1950 - 1970
Freestanding reinforced concrete water tower, erected c.1970, consisting of circular concrete reservoir/tank supported on ten splayed concrete supports with enclosed access staircase to central cylindrical shaft. Located in an elevated position close to Battery Heights.
A substantial reinforced concrete structure that acts as a landmark in the locality. The splayed concrete supports lend this functional structure a sculptural appearance. Of technical and civil engineering interest on account of its intended function.