Categories of Special Interest
Artistic Social Technical
In Use As
1860 - 1880
Cast-iron water pump, c.1870, banded shaft, fluted cap with finial, spout and cow's tail pumping arm. Located on side of road in Brosna.
This water pump is located in a prominent position at the side of the road in the tidy village of Brosna and is a focal point in the streetscape. The function this pump served in providing water to the local community contributes a social significance to the site.