1860 - 1880
MAUDLIN (PART OF)
Detached five-bay two-storey former hospital and dispensary building, built c.1870, with gabled and projecting terminating bays. Pitched slate roofs with rendered chimneystacks. Roughly dressed rubble limestone walls. Arcade with modern glazing has ashlar dressings to ground floor central bays.
Architectural design is apparent in the form of this former hospital, with the gabled projecting terminating bays, and the ground floor arcading. The quality of the workmanship of the construction materials is expressed in the dressed stonework of the arcade. Set within its own landscaped grounds, it occupies a pleasant site overlooking the river Boyne.