1800 - 1840
Four-bay single-storey thatched house, built c.1820, now also in use as public house. Three-bay single-storey public house extension with slate roof to east. Single-storey flat-roofed extension to entrance façade of public house. Single-bay extension with slate roof to west. Timber sash windows to thatched house. Rendered fascia and a decorative render cornice to public house. Modern single-storey extension to rear.
This building is an interesting example of a vernacular thatched house. Utilising traditional local materials, thatched structures were once commonly found all over Ireland but are now becoming increasingly rare. This house and the two other thatched houses on the same road to the east, form an interesting group of vernacular dwellings.