Survey Data

Reg No

12900426


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Social


Original Use

Church/chapel


In Use As

Church/chapel


Date

1880 - 1905


Coordinates

257299, 196273


Date Recorded

25/08/2004


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Gable-fronted Gothic Revival Roman Catholic chapel, built c.1890. Double-pitched slate roof with feathered stone coping, pinnacles and cast-iron rainwater goods. Snecked limestone front gable wall with quoins and buttresses with pinnacles. Rendered with ruled and lined detail to remainder, painted. Lancet-arch window openings with hood mouldings and fixed-pane windows. Rose window to gable. Interior not inspected. Set back from street in grounds shared with convent. Gateway to site comprising limestone ashlar piers with wrought iron gate and railings.