Survey Data

Reg No

12403404


Rating

Local


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural


Original Use

House


Date

1790 - 1810


Coordinates

241959, 127936


Date Recorded

07/12/2004


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached three-bay single-storey house with dormer attic, c.1800, possibly originally thatched. Extensively renovated and extended, c.1975, comprising single-bay single-storey end bay to left with single-bay single-storey flat-roofed projecting porch added to centre. Now disused. Pitched slate roof (artificial slate to end bay) with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stack, rendered coping, and iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Flat bitumen felt roof to porch with timber eaves. Unpainted replacement rendered walls, c.1975, with unpainted roughcast wall to rear (north) elevation. Square-headed window openings with replacement concrete sills, c.1975, retaining cut-stone sills to rear (north) elevation, and replacement timber casement windows, c.1975, retaining two-over-two timber sash windows to rear (north) elevation. Square-headed door opening with glazed timber panelled door having sidelights. Set in own grounds perpendicular to road. (ii) Attached single-bay single-storey outbuilding with attic, c.1800, originally detached. Pitched slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered coping, and no rainwater goods on rendered rubble stone eaves. Unpainted roughcast lime rendered walls over random rubble stone construction. Square-headed window opening with no sill, concealed lintel, and no fittings. Square-headed door opening with concealed lintel, and fittings not discerned.

Appraisal

Despite extensive renovation works in the late twentieth century a small-scale house retains some of the original composition attributes together with some of the historic fabric. An attendant outbuilding range of modest, almost rustic quality enhances the group and setting values of the site in a rural setting.