Survey Data

Reg No

11505050


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural


Previous Name

Saint John's House


Original Use

School


Date

1860 - 1865


Coordinates

268056, 194014


Date Recorded

18/07/1996


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Originally detached seven-bay single-storey primary school, c. 1861, gutted and raised by one storey, c. 1901. Renovated, c. 1970, as secondary school, now disused, with single-storey porch to south and single-storey sheds to west. Limestone gate piers, partly rendered, with curved street wall. Yard with open lean-to sheds, concrete pillars and corrugated fibre cement sheet roofs, now in ruinous condition.