1790 - 1810
South Dublin County
Detached five-bay three-storey former country house, c.1800, with full-height canted entrance bay. Now in use as offices. Coursed rubble stone walls, originally rendered, with ashlar quoins. Timber casement windows with flat brick or stone arches and stone sills. Panelled timber doors with cut stone doric pilasters, fanlight and pediment. Hipped artificial slate roofs with two stone chimney stacks. Cast-iron gates with late twentieth-century cut stone piers having reused original frieze blocks with swags.
A fine former country house which dominates the low lying agricultural land surrounding. Though altered, it retains its original imposing form, and a good doorway and estate entrance ensemble.