Main Record - County Meath
|Chapel Street, Slane, County Meath
|Date||1740 - 1780|
|Categories of Special Interest||ARCHITECTURAL HISTORICAL TECHNICAL|
|In Use As||house|| |
Semi-detached four-bay two-storey house, built c.1760, with a two-storey return to rear. Exposed stone wall to front elevation, and roughcast rendered walls to south gable end and rear elevation. Pitched slate roof with rendered and brick chimneys and cast-iron rainwater goods. Tooled limestone round-headed block-and-start door surround with a timber cornice, a neo-Classical style fanlight and a limestone threshold. Limestone block-and-start surrounds and limestone sills to window openings.
This house was built as a pair with the house to the north. These houses were built in the mid to late eighteenth-century as part of the planned estate town of Slane. They were constructed using local limestone and have some fine door and window surrounds. The building retains many interesting features and materials, such as the timber sash windows, and the cast-iron fanlight.
Back To Results|