Main Record - County Meath
|Date||1820 - 1880|
|Categories of Special Interest||ARCHITECTURAL TECHNICAL|
|Original Use||farm house|| |
Detached three-bay single-storey farm house, built c.1850, now in derelict condition. Stone and clay walls. Pitched corrugated-iron roof. Square-headed openings with stone sills. Set in farmyard, with outbuildings flanking gable walls, and also ranged around central courtyard to north and east. Stone and mud walls to outbuildings, with corrugated-iron roofs. Bounded by rendered wall with cast-iron gates.
This farmhouse is an excellent example of the Irish vernacular building tradition and uses local materials such as clay, stone and corrugated-iron to good effect. Though derelict, the house retains interior features such as a timber fire surround and cooking range, while the outbuildings retain timber feeding troughs.
Back To Results|