Fáilte/Welcome | Feedback | Site Maprssfacebookicon
Loading

Main Record - County Leitrim

 
Additional Images     View location on map
print-icon   Print This Page
Lawderdale House, County Leitrim
30925001
Representative view
Reg. No.30925001
Date1830 - 1880
Previous NameN/A
TownlandMOUGH
CountyCounty Leitrim
Coordinates211732, 309067
Categories of Special InterestARTISTIC ARCHITECTURAL HISTORICAL SOCIAL TECHNICAL
RatingRegional
Original Usecountry house
In Use Ascountry house
 
Description
Detached L-plan three-bay two-storey country house, built c.1850, with gabled projecting entrance bay. Hipped corrugated-iron roof with brick and ashlar chimneystacks, bargeboards and a tower, built in 1983. Roughcast and cement rendered walls. Timber sash windows with stone and concrete sills. Timber panelled door to entrance bay. Two-storey stone outbuildings to rear yard. Range to east built in 1875, abutted by lean-to outbuilding, built c.1980. Walled garden to east of house. Ruinous private chapel to adjacent field.

Appraisal

Formerly the seat of the Lawder family, Protestant landowners, this country house is all that remains of an estate of over five thousand acres. Although modified in recent years, the substantial residence still retains its character, which is contributed to by well-designed outbuildings with sandstone dressings, a ruinous chapel and walled garden.
 
Back To Results