Fáilte/Welcome | Feedback | Site Maprssfacebookicon
Loading

Main Record - County Kerry

 View location on map print-icon   Print This Page
Barry's Lane, Chapel Lane, Killarney, County Kerry
21400861
View of warehouse from south-east.
Reg. No.21400861
Date1870 - 1890
Previous NameN/A
TownlandKILLARNEY
CountyCounty Kerry
Coordinates96384, 90757
Categories of Special InterestARCHITECTURAL TECHNICAL
RatingRegional
Original Usestore/warehouse
 
Description
Detached three-bay three-storey gable-fronted warehouse with attic, built c. 1880, with single-bay three-storey side elevation to west having round-headed door opening to centre of ground floor with remains of iron chute over. Four-bay three-storey side elevation to east with square-headed door opening to top floor approached by flight of iron steps. Two-bay three-storey rear elevation to north gable end. Extended to east, c. 1940, comprising two-bay double-height recessed end bay. Openings remodelled to ground floor in latter part of twentieth century to accommodate use as offices. Now disused. Pitched artificial slate roof with cast-iron gutter and downpipe. Roughcast rendered rubble stone walls, rendered walls to ground floor, rendered walls to gable, projecting brick eaves course of stone and with brick infill to north gable, probably for flue. Concrete sills to replacement timber windows. Render surrounds to upper floor openings. Arched doorway to Chapel Place with loading bay openings on floors above. Red brick arches and reveals to openings at top floor of east wall. Set at junction of Barry's Lane and Chapel Place with main facade along Chapel Place. Single-storey building abuts east wall.
 
Back To Results